IELTS speaking cue card topic 12 : Describe a friend of your family you remember from your childhood.
- Who the person was.
- How your family knew this person.
- How often this person visited your family.
- And explain why you remember this person.
Sample answer 1
- My family has always been friendly and compassionate for people around us and we also got the same respect and friendship from them.
- When I was a child, plenty of people used to come to my home.
- Some of them were relatives. Some were friends of my father or grandfather.
- All of them used to be friendly and they showered love to us specifically on me because I was fat and fluffy in my childhood.
Who the person was and how your family knew this person?
- Among them one person whom I remembered was my grandfather’s closest and childhood friend.
- He was of my grandpa’s age.
- He was an army officer and never got married.
- He has been a friend of my family even before my father was born.
How often this person visited your family.
- I do not remember a single day when he had not come to our home. Sometime his visit used to be double in a day.
And explain why you remember this person.
- He was a well built person with broad shoulder and sturdy body.
- He has compassionate eyes and smiling face.
- I was his favorite and vice versa.
- I remember him because of several reasons.
- Firstly, He used to come with plenty of gifts for the family member of mine and there had always been a special gift for me.
- Sometime he would take us to his farm where he would tell us stories of his bravery in army.
- He was a jolly person with instant wit. I remember his amusing jokes he used to tell us.
- But the prime reason, why I remember him, is an occasion where he helped my grandfather.
- We hear frequently that a friend in need is friend indeed.
- This friend of our family has proven this saying. Once my grandfather was in desperate need of money.
- Due to some mismanagement in his business. He lost some money and got in debt.
- At that time this man helped my grandfather without asking anything in return.
- Really he was an ego less, selfless person whom anyone admired.
The IELTS speaking cue card above has been written by a student who got 7 bad score in speaking
Sample answer 2
- Friends will come and go during the life, however the importance of their presence and absence never lost.
- Having good friends in our life is boon of god.
- They are backbone of our life.
- A good friend always walks with you whatever the situation and they show the care and concern by their reaction rather it is big or small.
- Some people possess many qualities to make them good friends of others. I have lot of friends from school and college life time.
- I believe that it is fate of mine to have such a satisfactory friends in my life.
- But I never forget one of my friends who were also like family.
- Her name was Neeta Joshi. She lived just next door to me, as well as my mother’s best friend. Likewise she also became good friend of mine too.
- By profession she was a teacher in primary school. Look wise she was having good personality.
- Carrying various sorts of quality she had also good relation around the neighborhood. She used to visit my home twice or thrice in a week.
- I shared everything to her because I felt that she was problem solving person. With having such characteristic also she was better cook, I always insist her to teach me various food dishes.
- Moreover she was good at telling story and joke so, when we met it was great fun because of her funny jokes.
- Due to helping nature she was ready to needy people. She took classes for such student who cannot afford fees of tuition. I also went to her for solving my doubt too.
- So, I feel proud to having such a kind hearted person in my life in form of friend. Age does not matter in friendship; feeling should have from both sides.
- I never forgot this person because of her loving and caring nature.
The IELTS speaking cue card above has been written by a student who got 6 band score in speaking.
Click here for more cue cards sample answers.
Click here for part 3 questions and sample answers.