Topic 33: Describe a person who has apologized to you.
You should include:
- Who the person was?
- Why he apologized to you?
- Did you forgive him?
- And explain how you felt about it?
- People make mistakes and it’s very common.
- But the burden of these mistakes doesn’t weigh too much on the mistaking persons if they genuinely apologize to the affected persons and feel regretting towards him.
- Frankly speaking, I always try not to make mistakes so that I can avoid apologizing and I expect others would do the same. But we are all human beings and here and there we make some mistakes.
- The person who has apologized to me was a cashier in a shop – a shop which I have been visiting quite frequently for the last couple of months for buying products I need.
- The incident happened few weeks ago when i visited this place.
- After buying some clothes and groceries I headed towards the cashier.
- Interestingly, when I made the payment to the cashier, I felt like I was paying a little extra than what I normally used to pay for the same quantity of merchandises on the previous occasions.
- But, I chose to keep quiet, and thinking that perhaps I bought some additional merchandise items, or the prices of some of the grocery items had changed.
- So, I just took my grocery and left for the home.
- After reaching home, just for the sake of curiosity I checked the prices of my all grocery items and other products I had bought.
- I noticed that one of the merchandises was over-priced on the receipt which was handed to me by the cashier before leaving from that shop.
- Luckily, the shop was just a walking distance from my home. So, I went back to the cashier the next day and told him about the wrong price he charged me extra for one of my grocery items.
- After learning his mistake, he immediately apologized to me very sincerely, telling me that he had just started his new job on that day and in hurry he did that mistake.
- To be honest, I wasn’t expecting him to apologize to me for his mistake.
- Because it’s very common things and anyone may have made the kind of small mistake.
- His apology was sincere
- Besides, I know it well that this kind of mistake could happen generally, especially, by a person who was new at his job or has less experience.
- Nevertheless, I felt glad that he genuinely apologized to me and I forgive him for that silly mistake.
- I feel that apologizing for our mistake shows our manners and it’s a good habit that everyone should wear with themselves and it could help to adorn our humanity.