Topic 29: Describe a house/apartment that someone you know lives in.
You should say:
- Whose house/apartment this is?
- Where the house/apartment is?
- What it looks like inside?
- And explain what you like or dislike about this person’s house/apartment?
- There is a saying in our culture that the house is the last destination one wants to reach.
- Some people live in a modest house whereas; other fortunate people possess lavish
- I am not an admirer of wasting money on futile things of house. Yet some houses are built in the way that it fascinates
- My uncle’s house is one such one.
- My uncle lives in a small town in Bansakantha district of Gujarat.
- Last year I have an opportunity to see this wonderfully constructed house.
- This house is a three story lavish bungalow with all the amenities money could buy.
- The house is surrounded by a circular wall. Inside this wall is a beautiful garden with plenty of trees and exotic
- But one would see the real beauty of the house after entering in it.
- When you enter the main gate of the house you would realize that money is not wasted but meticulously spent on building a house which you can dream of.
- Just opposite the entrance gate is a large hall where four expensive sofas are laid circularly with a round glass table in the center.
- There are three bedrooms in a row on one side of the sofas whereas; kitchen falls on the other side with huge dining table.
- On one wall an enormously large picture of Mahabharata war is hung.
- Flooring is done with fine marbles. And one decorative chandelier which hangs from the roof increases the beauty of the house manifold.
- Just beside the kitchen goes the stairs in a circular motion which takes you to the second and third floor where four other bedrooms are built.
- Guest rooms are made on third floor.
- One cannot believe that the house of such lavishness can be built in the small town also.
Band 7+ vocabulary
Fascinate: Attract strongly
Futile: not important
Amenities: Desirable facility
Exotic: Foreign, imported
Enormous: Huge, large