Topic 16 : Describe a meeting you remember going to school, college or work.
IELTS speaking cue card topic 16
Describe a meeting you remember going to school, college or work
- When and where was the meeting held?
- Who was at the meeting?
- What was the conversation?
- And explain why you remember going to this meeting.
- The prevalence of meetings has escalated in recent time.
- People attend more meetings nowadays than they used to in the past.
- No one is spared attending the meetings.
- As far as I am concerned meetings have always been boredom for me. Yet I have to attend the meetings for my work.
- One such meeting which I had attended was the educational meeting which was held before two years at Ahmadabad.
- The subject of the meeting was how to improve the classroom performance of the students.
- The meeting was arranged in the finest hall which was furnished with good amenities such as luminous lightening, air conditioning and comfortable chairs.
- More than 100 teachers, faculties and educationist have come to attend the meeting from different schools, colleges and institutions.
- The speakers were highly qualified, competent and knowledgeable.
- All of them have given useful knowledge on classroom performance.
- There was a talk on different facet such as improving the students concentration, classroom activities. Students language skill and confidence building of the student.
- Every topic was carefully explained by the speakers.
- It was really a nice experience for a person like me who doesn’t take interest in meetings.
- I learnt plenty of new strategies. However, the meeting was mainly remembered for the speech of the chief guest.
- He has shown us very useful reasons of not building the confidence in students.
- First time I came to know that if you have to build the confidence in the students you have to raise your confidence first.
- You can never build the confidence of the student if you are not confident yourself.
- He has quoted a dialogue from the famous movie –kungfu panda that a teacher should not try to convert the student. Rather he should try to make him what he wanted to become.
- This quote has deeply impacted me.
- Really it was an extraordinary experience of attending the meeting.
You may want to look up to other cue cards.Click here for the same
Click here for p art 3 questions of this topic.