Here is another most important word list to be applied for getting 7 band score in IELTS writing and speaking,equally important to comprehend reading test of IELTS. Please do not forget to develop the habit of seeing them in different reading and listening.
Core list 11:
Words which can be used to admire your friends.
- The friend who never gets tired : Indefatigable
- The friend who is brave : Intrepid
- The friend who does a lot to help other people and society : Philanthropist
- The friend who is equally skillful with both hands : Ambidextrous
- The friend who is a complete master on some skills such as music or other : Virtuoso
- The friend who remains calm in difficult or unfortunate situation : Placid
- The friend who is so big hearted that he never possesses any hostility to any person : Magnanimous
- The friend who is skillful : Adroit
- The friend who is simple and selfless : Altruist
Core list 12:
Words which can be used to insult your enemies.
- The person who is selfish, always thinks of himself, never gives a damn on other people’s interests or emotions : Egocentric
- The person who is ready to serve the rich and powerful even by losing his self respect. He is a bootlicker: Sycophant
- The person who hates people from other cast, gender ,creed, nation or religion : Chauvinist
- The person who loves and admires his wife madly : Uxorious
- The person who believes in complete obedience: Martinet
- The person who is so fool that he believes in every bit of information spread anywhere, from news, friends or social media : Gullible
- The person who has slightest or no regrets for his wrong deed, action or behavior : Unconscionable
- The person who is infamous for his past or present deed, action or behavior : Notorious
Core list 13
- Beautiful : Charming, Alluring, Spellbound
- Difficult to accomplish : Arduous
- Difficult or mysterious : Enigmatic
- Straightforward : Categorical
- Confusing or Unclear : Ambiguous, Equivocal
- Incomparable : Unparalleled
- Friendly : Amiable, Amicable, Benign
- Unfriendly/Bad : malignant
Benign and malignant can be used differently in medical terms.
As in case of tumor: ‘Benign tumor’, ‘malignant tumor’
As in case of disease: ‘Benign disease’, ‘malignant disease’
Core list 14
- Darken : Obfuscate
- Hate : Abhor
- Belittle : Disparage
- Disturb :Perturb
- Soften a person by convincing him : Placate
- To speed up the process : Expedite
- To shorten or cut short : Curtail
- Confirm : Corroborate
- Understand : Figure out
- Win or dominate over others : Prevail
Click here for core list 1 to 5.
Click here for core list 6 to 10.
Click here for IELTS vocabulary builder